Senior Software Designer/Architect
Why Work at Capital Advisors Group
Capital Advisors Group, Inc. (www.capitaladvisors.com) is a boutique investment advisor ($11.7 billion in assets-under-management as of 6/30/19) focused on providing innovative investment management and debt finance consulting solutions to venture capital-funded startups, emerging growth companies, and Fortune 500 companies. As an established innovator in the financial services industry, we pride ourselves on fostering an entrepreneurial and creative culture that pushes boundaries and promotes growth. Our team of seasoned professionals embodies these values in all that we do. So, if you’re a creative, self-motivated software professional interested in leading the development of web-based financial services solutions at a firm that embraces thinking outside the box, we invite you to apply today.
We are looking for a Senior Software Designer/Architect to lead the development of a new web-based financial platform. This is a unique opportunity to lead the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) of an innovative solution that has the potential to disrupt the marketplace and grow a large segment of our business. This will be a highly visible role reporting to senior leadership and located in our Newton, MA headquarters. The ideal candidate will combine strong hands-on technical skills with demonstrated product and user-interface design skills.
The role’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hands-on leading of software development and implementation of new and existing web-based financial services solutions
- Working closely with Leadership, Business Development, Compliance, Research, Marketing, and external teams to help define product roadmaps and estimate development efforts
- Overseeing the internal Database Developer and managing external software development teams, ensuring all business and software architecture requirements are met
- Automating manual processes through software development
- Applying and encouraging innovative thinking throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Maintaining a current understanding of technologies and acting as the primary internal expert for software architecture, applications, and industry standards
- Providing guidance to internal and external stakeholders on how to solve complex software and application issues
- Defining, managing, and tracking project budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Advanced degree is a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of software systems design experience with track record of working on projects from idea through production rollout
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing is a plus, but not required
- Having been a key contributor to bringing one or more software products to market
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems and develop effective solutions
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC and experience with formal SDLC methodologies
- Experience establishing software engineering best practices, including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operating guidelines
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping
- Demonstrated project and team management abilities
Ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Knowledge of the finance industry and current available technologies in the finance industry is a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of effective vendor management and IT continuity management
- Ability to perform market and competitor analysis and business domain analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Superb attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
Capital Advisors Group offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance;
- A 401(k) plan with matching contributions;
- A health care flexible spending account plan; and
- Education assistance.
(Benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and other provisions.)
To apply, please submit your contact information, a cover letter (optional) and your resume in the below form. You may also submit your application by emailing email@example.com or mailing Capital Advisors Group, Inc., Attn.: Recruiting, 29 Crafts Street, Suite 270, Newton, MA 02458.
Capital Advisors Group is an equal opportunity employer.
You agree that you are providing your submission voluntarily and you consent to Capital Advisors Group, Inc.’s use of your submission and information contained therein to contact you and for any other purpose consistent with your consideration for positions available now or in the future. You also acknowledge that Capital Advisors Group, Inc. does not guarantee the security of this Website, the security of e-mail transmissions, the security of mail, or that any information you submit via this website, email or mail will remain private or secure. By choosing to submit information via this website, e-mail or mail you acknowledge and agree to assume all responsibility and risk.